Monday, February 2, 2009

Missions Music


Missions is the calling to take the Gospel to the world, especially those least exposed to Christianity. It doesn't have to necessarily be overseas, as there are increasing numbers of people even in America who have had no personal exposure to the Gospel.

But how often do you hear songs expressing a desire to grow one's relationship with God for the purpose of developing a more sincere heart for missions and ministry to strangers? These songs perfectly describe such a sentiment and beautifully at that.


"Deeper" by Israel & New Breed (Album: A Deeper Level)
My Favorite Line: "break my heart of the things that break your heart"

"Give Me Your Eyes" by Brandon Heath (Album: n/a)
My Favorite Line (the whole chorus):

"Give me Your eyes for just one second, give me Your eyes so I can see. Everything that I keep missing, give me Your love for humanity. Give me Your arms for the brokenhearted, the ones that are far beyond my reach. Give me Your heart for the ones forgotten. Give me You eyes so I can see."

"Lord Jesus Help Me (Help Somebody Else)" by Commissioned (the Reunion album with the original members)
My Favorite Line: "if you love somebody, it'll bring a smile"


Those are just 3 of my favorites. Feel free to add your own.

elder todd

Matthew 28:19-20 (KJV)

19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment